Wednesday, June 20, 2018

praise like you mean it

Having a mother's heart often leaves me relating to God through that filter. My children have taught me what love really is, and in my humanity, I can't imagine a greater love than what I have for them. I am aware, God's love is beyond my comprehension, but a mother's love is the closest I can manage.

That being said, I was contemplating the unique and powerful ways my children show me love.

My son has a quiet love. It's subtle, but powerful. It's moments of self sacrifice and well placed words of encouragement on challenging days. It's completed tasks that were not asked of him, just to make my day a little easier and more joyful. It's empathy in his eyes when he knows that I am not at my best.

My daughter is boisterous and bold. She gushes a dynamic rainbow of love. She wears it upon both sleeves without holding back. She shouts it from rooftops and dances in the glory of love.Spending time with Gabby is being submerged in dunk tank of her love.

They're so different, but I know their hearts. I can interpret every subtlety and recognize every piece of themselves that they willingly give me.  I gather them up and treasure them in my heart. I  embrace the way the shapes differ from each other. Each piece, an authentication of our unconditional relationship.

Our relationship with God is just the same.
He craves our love and adores our expression of that love, in worship/praise. He intimately knows our heart. He can recognize each and every heartbeat as it's own symphony pouring out from a soul he carefully knit together.

Some of us praise almost explosively. We gush over in praise like a model volcano in an elementary school science class. We get so overwhelmed by our emotions and our adoration for our creator that we cannot keep it inside. Our bodies dance and our voices call out to the name of Jesus. He loves that.

Some of us praise in a quiet love. We love with actions, and in everything we do. Our praise flows through us like a river pouring through every thought and action. We don't explode in praise or in song, but our adoration reaches down to our very bones. He loves that too.

Praise and worship is a voluntary expression of our relationship with a creator who adores us. No one can ever make you praise.  It has to be a choice from your heart and soul.

It will look different for every person depending on who they are and their relationship with God. For some is extroverted belting of praise songs, and others it's quiet grateful meditation on God's word and others yet it might be service/actions.  The vital take-away is to commit your spirit in gratitude and praise. Allow a thankful spirit to ooze from your very pores that it may be felt by others in your presence.

Don't let the enemy steal your joy, but instead offer your heart in pure and authentic praise to Jesus.
Praise him like you mean it.

Image result for god's hand

No comments:

Post a Comment